Idea Lab returns to WMCAT this summer, and we’re currently seeking teen artists for our team! This paid 8-week work experience (June 22-August 17) will put you in the community using art to activate space and promote community. Work in creative teams led by professional teaching artists to design and install a mural for a community partner. In addition to this employment experience, you’ll also explore career and college options through field trips, workshops, and guest speakers. As a Summer Learning Academy program with Believe 2 Become, students eligible for this opportunity need to:
- Be a resident of one of the B2B (Hope Zone) neighborhoods and be able to provide proof of residence
- View this map and enter your address in the upper left hand corner (click on the magnifying glass) to check your eligibility
- Be a current 9th-11th grade student (school year 2016-17)
- Be available to work June 22-August 17, Monday-Thursday from 1-5PM
- Participate in 6 hours of weekly math instruction throughout the duration of program (these hours will be unpaid)
If you meet all of these requirements, complete an initial Idea Lab 2017 application here. Seats are limited, so apply early!
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-454-7004.